- Our editors reserve the right to reject and not post comments that we deem to be offensive, vulgar, mean-spirited, a potential violation of privacy, or in any other way unprofessional or inappropriate.
- Comments to UPDATES are NOT intended as a forum, message board, or bulletin board for discussing individual medical cases or airing complaints, concerns, or grievances about specific treatments, healthcare providers, or institutions (whether from the practitioner, patient, or family perspective). Such comments will be rejected.
- Comments containing promotional or advertising messages (including any with embedded promotional URL links) are not allowed.
- We cannot accept or respond to personal health questions. Comments focusing primarily on descriptions of personal health issues of the writer are not accepted for posting.
- Due to space concerns, long, rambling comments of more than a few concise paragraphs are generally not allowed.
- For liability reasons, comments that disparage, attack, or slander individuals, branded products, or institutions by name cannot be posted.
We do welcome and encourage comments that challenge, contest, or otherwise disagree with our UPDATES content, as long as they are written in a concise, thoughtful, and constructive manner in accordance with the above guidelines. While we strive to foster a climate of open response and discussion, we make no apologies for also wanting to maintain a professional, user-friendly, and helpful tone in these Pain-Topics UPDATES.
This Policy was last reviewed and revised on December 8, 2013.